Second and final quilt

After the Mario Brothers quilt was finished I was so happy with the final result that I thought that I would give another one ago. But this time I would use bigger squares.  I found a Perler bead design on Pinterest of a Sugar skull that I liked and that I thought my other brother would like.

362

Having no idea how to translate the design into a quilting pattern, I decided that I would just design it and give it a go.  I emailed Dawn again (Dawnlewis.com.au) for some advice and encourgagement.  Her suggestion was to draw it out on graph paper and work from there. So thats what I did.

365107 (2)109 (2)

Once that was sorted, I bought a whole heap of fabric and got cutting squares.  This quilt took me a lot longer to do than the mario quilt.  I think it was because I was just sewing random squares together rather than working on smaller pictures.  Plus I got bored.  But the fact that my brothers birthday was quickly approaching was the only reason I finished.

This is it…. The final product complete with baby for size comparison.  It turned out a bit bigger than I planned but I am glad that it is done and I think my quilting career is done and dusted….at least for the time being. And just for the more observant readers there are a few squares that are incorrect…I don’t know what happened and it wasn’t until I was finished that I noticed it.

340 343

Advertisements

Published by

krisy

I am a Art maker and Memory Keeper. I am a mother of three with glitter in her veins.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s